Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was about to buy a golden retriever having white color. I have got a video from one of the genuine seller who is my dad frnd on puppy iam buying. Please do confirm is that really a Golden retriever puppy becoz iam feeling like it's a labrador.
Screenshot_2020-05-17-22-09-43-75_f2cb81fb7cf38af7978f186f2a61634a.png
Screenshot_2020-05-17-22-10-58-32_f2cb81fb7cf38af7978f186f2a61634a.png
Screenshot_2020-05-17-22-11-21-10_f2cb81fb7cf38af7978f186f2a61634a.png

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Golden retrievers come in a range of shades. Some are nearly white some are realy dark red gold
Yes . This comes in the shades of white. But my clarification is does puppy looks like golden retriever breed or labrador breed??

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes . This comes in the shades of white. But my clarification is does puppy looks like golden retriever breed or labrador breed??
Its impossible for anyone on here to tell from such a tiny puppy. If from a genuine seller as you mentioned then you will have access to pics or video of parents to confirm if golden retriever. If dad was sperm donor then a geuine seller will provide pics of dad

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
If you are not sure, clearly you don't trust the seller 100%. Regardless of the dog, the pedigree etc, that's a bad start so I'd walk away and look for a breeder that you can build a good relationship with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its impossible for anyone on here to tell from such a tiny puppy. If from a genuine seller as you mentioned then you will have access to pics or video of parents to confirm if golden retriever. If dad was sperm donor then a geuine seller will provide pics of dad
He has sent today the dad and mom video itself . Iam happy after seeing them

·
Registered
569 Posts
How much sure about that?
Not sure. They look very similar at this age.

However; what I am sure about are the eyes. I do pencil sketching as a hobby and you start to cue in to certain details when you look at things.

Most (not all, but most) Labs have eyes that go from corner to corner in a straight line across the face. Again, this is not 100% but as a rule of thumb it works.

Many Golden Retrievers have eyes that are more triangular in shape and appear to slope upward toward the brow. To be clear there are exceptions to this as well.

Given that it's more common for a Golden retriever to have sloping eyes and more common for a Lab to have eyes that go straight across the face then my impression from your pictures is that it is more likely that these are Golden Retriever puppies than Lab puppies.

Once again, there are exceptions to all of these observations and I could be wrong.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Only way to confirm a breed is by the correct paperwork.

What kind of breeder is this? Why don’t you trust them? Sounds very sketchy to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,

I was about to buy a golden retriever having white color. I have got a video from one of the genuine seller who is my dad frnd on puppy iam buying. Please do confirm is that really a Golden retriever puppy becoz iam feeling like it's a labrador. View attachment 246907 View attachment 246908 View attachment 246909
They definitely look like English Cream Golden Retrievers. They do look similar to labradors until their fur grows in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts