Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.5 year old chihuahua has been having problems with her skin for some time now, maybe 4 months? At first I thought it was allergies so I switched her food to a limited ingredient diet and eliminated treats. Switched laundry detergent too. No improvement. Her skin smells a little funky. She licks a lot.
This morning I noticed a raised rash on her belly. Usually it's just very red, but now it looks raised and scaly. Seeing the vet in a few hours, but anyone have an idea what this is? Aside from this she is eating/drinking/playing normally.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
It might be a yeast infection. I hope you get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
One of my dogs is allergic to weed pollen and house dust. It may he allergies. I changed her food to fish based and that has massively helped. I use james Wellbeloved fish dry food. Also Mackerel is very.high on fish fat. I sometimes grill that and put it through her food. All the best I hope you get to the bottom of it. If she is itchy piriton is good.

·
Registered
368 Posts
looks like an allergy that is getting worse from self trauma. Need to provide some relief from the itching so it can heal. Smell could be from secondary yeast that may start to complicate such moist dermatitis, but will probably disappear if the primary problem is dealt with (the allergy and itching).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts