Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloe and The Wenatchee Kennel Club Dog Show...

5K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  Mikey 
#1 ·
Well, it's coming up, and Chloe is entered both days in Rally Novice A. I really hope she does well. It is on Sept 12-13, 2009. Then the following weekend we are traveling to Shelton, WA to the Gig Harbor Kennel Club Dog Show for the same, Rally Novice A. If we get it on the first 3 tries, then the 2nd day at Shelton will be moved up to Chloe's first leg in Rally Advanced A. It wouldn't be much of a problem moving her up, as she does much better off leash than on leash, and we practice Advanced anyways. So we would be ready for it. We have also been working on a little in Excellent as well, but mostly Novice and Advanced. Once she earns her RN, then we will practice all the way through Excellent as we are doing Rally Advanced A Trials. Wish us luck.

#3 ·
Rally is a lot of fun. But the toughest thing I've found to train is the left turns and left pivots. If you can get that down, then everything else is pretty easy. Then you have the finishes, which isn't too bad either, like finish left and finish right. And you have them with a halt and without, so you have to pay attention to the signs. Rally is lots of fun. Choe's toughest part is the moving downs. I have to work on her downs.

#4 ·
Chloe went to the groomers today as well. She was so excited to go, practically pulled me into their place. She knew exactly where we were going when I asked her if she wanted to get Pretty, lol. And when I went back to check if she was done during my lunch, she wasn't done. I looked through the glass door to the back area, and there they were, just starting the blow dry. Chloe was laying on the table and the groomer was working under her legs and belly, brushing and blow drying, and Chloe looked like she died and went to heaven, lol. She was loving it. She is so good with the groomer, loves getting all nice and pretty, lol.

Tomorrow is our first big day. Our Rally trial is sometime in the afternoon, not sure when. I hate the To Follow rules, lol, never know when to tell friends/family when your trial is. So they end up standing around from the earliest time that they give for the Rally Excellent. And it's going to be a hot one as well, supposed to be in the 90's. Then Sunday is supposed to be a little cooler. Can't wait, we are ready. Then we have the 2 shows in Shelton the following weekend, and I have the times for them as well, as they are in the morning, pretty early.

#6 ·
Well, day 1 went ok. We Qualified, got a score of 70. I thought she had NQ'd, but I guess she didn't make the mistake she did. I also thought I had made another mistake as well, which would be an NQ, but I didn't. For the forward 1 Step, 2 Step, 3 Step, she kept wanting to run ahead and with the confusion, I thought I did the 2 Step twice, lol. But I didn't. So I got my first leg in. Her main distraction was wanting to go towards the river, as it was about 92 degrees when it was our turn. And I didn't have her out enough to acclimate her to the surroundings, tomorrow I'll have her out more practicing with treats, etc. Hopefully we will place tomorrow. I thought I was going to get 4th with a 70 today, as there were a few NQ's. But then another person got an 86, lol. Bumped me out of 4th, lol. But it was fun, we had a great time, and met a lot of people.

#8 ·
Yup, all the shows here are outside, both the Dog Show as well as the Agility Show in October. I just wished they started Rally and Obedience earlier in the morning. When we go to Shelton, that one is at 9:40am for the Rally Novice A. Which is nice, won't be so hot. Just hope it's not rainy, lol.

#9 ·
Well, best of luck to you.

My Bitch took "Best of Breed" and My Dog took "Winners Dog" at the Pocono mountain Kennel Club Dogshow Yesterday and Thursday. It was very exciting with the friends and family cheering on the sidelines and then getting to see all the really interesting breeds.

It was pretty chilly for us, Hope you're not freezing in October????

#10 ·
Freezing? hehehe... When I got home and looked online at the temp, it was 98, lol. So when we were out there, it was probably anywhere between 92-95, lol. It was way too hot. I can deal with cold better than hot, as long as it's not a really wet cold. It's about 95 right now, lol. Tomorrow is supposed to get to 92. It was supposed to be 93 today, but got to about 98, lol. Weather forecast was a bit off, lol.

As for October, it's usually in the 70's to 80's, and occasionally rainy. Hope it doesn't rain for the Agility. I won't be in the trials, but will be helping the club all 3 days for setup, working during, and tear down.

#11 ·
Well, the dog show went pretty well, and considering it was so hot, I'm really happy with how Chloe did. I probably goofed a couple times as well, but overall, I'm happy. We have our first 2 legs to Rally Novice A now. We got a 70 on Saturday, then an 82 on Sunday. If Chloe would have done the Moving Down on the first station today, we would have had a 92 and First Place. But she wouldn't go Down, was just too hot. I did a Retry, and she didn't again. So we moved on and took the -10 points figuring that we could do most of the rest of the course with minimal point losses. But we lost another 8 points, I think they were mainly on the other 2 Downs that we had on the course, but she actually did them after a retry on one of them, a -3 points. But overall, I'm a happy camper and ready for next weekend in Shelton. If we get our 3rd leg on Saturday, we will have our Rally Novice A Title, and can actually move up to Rally Advanced A on Sunday for our first leg. And it should be cooler, lol. It was in the mid 90's here on Saturday, and about 97 today or more when we were in the ring today. And I'm a red lobster now, lol. But anyways, we did it. We got our first 2 legs, and Chloe is a Happy Girl. ;)

#12 ·
Congrats!!! Both of you (Lonewolfblue and CHK)!! Sounds like you both did excellent!! *CHEERS*

Keep us posted on your third leg :)

#15 ·
I think it was the 1 step forward, 2 steps forward, 3 steps forward that you are talking about? She was supposed to sit next to me in heel position. But she had her mind on other things, and I was trying to get her attention back. It was so hot out.

#16 ·
This was our course....

1 Start
2 Halt, Sit, Down
3 360 Right
4 Left Turn
5 270 Right
6 Halt, 1, 2, and 3 Steps Forward
7 Right Turn
8 270 Left
9 Serpentine Weave Once
10 360 Left
11 Right Turn
12 Call Front, Finish Left, Halt
13 Call Front, Finish Right, Forward
14 Finish

#18 ·
About a year, yes. But not all the time, just on and off. I haven't been training every day. I should be, lol. But when I was injured at work, it's been tough to get around at times.

#19 ·
It looks great!! I think you both did a great job!! *claps*

#20 ·
Well, tomorrow is the day again. I can't wait, lol. I'll be getting up really early to go in the morning, as it's about a 4 hour drive or a little more. Didn't want to drive after work, as I would get there after midnight. But I'll be staying with my sister while I'm there Saturday night and then our final trial on Sunday. Hopefully Sunday will be the first leg in Rally Advanced A, lol.

#21 ·
Well, our weekend was 50/50, lol....

It started out Saturday morning, while waiting for the trial, we did some practicing. There was also a German Shepherd in the group as well, also on their 3rd leg for Rally Novice. But they were last in line. So when it was our turn, 4th in line, we sent to the Start, and when the Judge said Forward, we took off. I wanted to keep Chloe's attention, so we picked up the pace a little. We had an awesome run. The only 2 points we got docked for was when Chloe turned away to try and sniff something and the leash tightened up, 2 times. Other than that, it was an absolute perfect run, Chloe's eyes were glued to me. So we ended up with a 98, and First Place, but still had several behind us. There were some Absents, a couple NQ's, and then the GSD. After their run, they also got a 98, lol. So now it all depended on the time. When we went in the ring, the judge started out saying that the perfect score was 100, and didn't have any, but we had 2 98's. And the winner was Chloe, by less than a second, lol. It was so close. We were biting out nails to see who was first. So we got First Place, as well as our 3rd leg and Novice Title. Was a great day.

Then we moved up to Advanced. Sunday I went in, and practiced some. When we were waiting, the gal with the GSD was there as well and told her friend that the guy with the Sheltie was going to blow everyone away, lol. I laughed. Well, the GSD got an 86. But Chloe, well, she didn't even get started, lol. Got to the start line, and her nose went to the ground. Finally got her to sit, and the I said I was ready and the judge said Forward. Got to the first station, and Chloe sniffed more. And caught a scent and ran off, lol. We got excused, lol. Our first NQ. I could not believe she would do that, lol. She was doing so well in practice, even with the toughest stations practicing. I ran through most all the stations in practice, since we had a map of the course. And she blew it right from the start, lol. Ah well. Another day I guess, lol.

#22 ·
So we got First Place, as well as our 3rd leg and Novice Title
WOWOWOW!!! Congrats!! That's such a great story to retell-what with it coming down to a second :)

Too bad about your second day-but hey, maybe Chloe was just tuckered out and not wanting to concentrate :)

And you earned a reputation!! [QUOTE]told her friend that the guy with the Sheltie was going to blow everyone away[/QUOTE] So cool! :) Great job to you both :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.