Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Well, our weekend was 50/50, lol....

It started out Saturday morning, while waiting for the trial, we did some practicing. There was also a German Shepherd in the group as well, also on their 3rd leg for Rally Novice. But they were last in line. So when it was our turn, 4th in line, we sent to the Start, and when the Judge said Forward, we took off. I wanted to keep Chloe's attention, so we picked up the pace a little. We had an awesome run. The only 2 points we got docked for was when Chloe turned away to try and sniff something and the leash tightened up, 2 times. Other than that, it was an absolute perfect run, Chloe's eyes were glued to me. So we ended up with a 98, and First Place, but still had several behind us. There were some Absents, a couple NQ's, and then the GSD. After their run, they also got a 98, lol. So now it all depended on the time. When we went in the ring, the judge started out saying that the perfect score was 100, and didn't have any, but we had 2 98's. And the winner was Chloe, by less than a second, lol. It was so close. We were biting out nails to see who was first. So we got First Place, as well as our 3rd leg and Novice Title. Was a great day.

Then we moved up to Advanced. Sunday I went in, and practiced some. When we were waiting, the gal with the GSD was there as well and told her friend that the guy with the Sheltie was going to blow everyone away, lol. I laughed. Well, the GSD got an 86. But Chloe, well, she didn't even get started, lol. Got to the start line, and her nose went to the ground. Finally got her to sit, and the I said I was ready and the judge said Forward. Got to the first station, and Chloe sniffed more. And caught a scent and ran off, lol. We got excused, lol. Our first NQ. I could not believe she would do that, lol. She was doing so well in practice, even with the toughest stations practicing. I ran through most all the stations in practice, since we had a map of the course. And she blew it right from the start, lol. Ah well. Another day I guess, lol.

So we got First Place, as well as our 3rd leg and Novice Title
WOWOWOW!!! Congrats!! That's such a great story to retell-what with it coming down to a second :)

Too bad about your second day-but hey, maybe Chloe was just tuckered out and not wanting to concentrate :)

And you earned a reputation!! [QUOTE]told her friend that the guy with the Sheltie was going to blow everyone away[/QUOTE] So cool! :) Great job to you both :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.