Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened twice since Lucy has turned 1 years old. How do I help dry it out? Sorry it shows sideways but that's an Apple product for you.:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
shot is too far away to see what is going on. But likely it is a pyoderma (skin infection) secondary to some sort of trauma or allergic reaction (common in brachycephalic breeds that often end up with food smushed onto their chins after eating, providing a good medium for bacteria to grow in). Not sure the sideways photo is an Apple problem, but possibly a general phone problem based on whether the photographer took a photo landscape or portrait, and the software program's inability to determine which, loading all photos in landscape.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My dog had something really similar when she was young and it was just puppy acne. My vet told me to change her to a stainless steel dog bowl and it never happened again. It was from the bacteria that could grow on plastic or ceramic bowls.

Reactions: Savvvylu

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dog had something really similar when she was young and it was just puppy acne. My vet told me to change her to a stainless steel dog bowl and it never happened again. It was from the bacteria that could grow on plastic or ceramic bowls.
That's what I thought, she does have a stainless steel bowl. I've just keep up with keeping her chin, clean and dry. It's slooooowly getting better. Last time it took 6 weeks to get better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check with your Vet, it also could be acne. Dogs and Cats can have acne, and it usually manifests on their chins.
She has a vet appt this week, I'll have them confirm. I never knew animals could get it till I got Lucy. The last two never had it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shot is too far away to see what is going on. But likely it is a pyoderma (skin infection) secondary to some sort of trauma or allergic reaction (common in brachycephalic breeds that often end up with food smushed onto their chins after eating, providing a good medium for bacteria to grow in). Not sure the sideways photo is an Apple problem, but possibly a general phone problem based on whether the photographer took a photo landscape or portrait, and the software program's inability to determine which, loading all photos in landscape.
I started taking away her bowl as soon as she's done because she likes to constantly lick it when the food is gone. I keep thinking she's irritating her chin by rubbing it into the bowl causing a breakout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts