Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the itty bitty bug eyed aliens are growing! They are somewhat close to the six week old mark and I'll be getting them their first shots next week.

the smaller of the two Gloria caught some congestion and for a few days I was sure that I was going to lose her. I put her on a very small dose of anti-biotics and syringe fed her even though she didn't want it. I also put her into a steam box three times a day - which seemed to really help.

She is still a little snotty but it is clear now instead of a weird yellow colour and she is back to drinking on her own and eating very enthusiastically on her own. She is still a bit smaller than her sister Esther but is quickly catching up.

They are both now on moistened kibble which makes feeding them a lot easier! We went to petsmart earlier today and bought a bunch of teeny tiny puppy toys because all of our other dog toys are bigger than the actual puppies! I am guessing that Esther will be around 6lbs fully grown and Gloria will be a bit smaller in the 5ish pound range.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If I'm remembering correctly your kids found these pups, right?

I'm so happy they're growing "big" (ha) and strong, and that Gloria is feeling better now!

Thanks for the pictures, they're adorable!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Oh so great! It's a good thing you found them and not someone (or something) else.

So are you going to go through a rescue to find them homes? I know you've fostered for a rescue before, are they helping you place these 2 lovely ladies?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not actually going to go through a rescue with them. Mostly because I think that they spay/neuter too early. I understand why they do it but I'd prefer the new "parents" of these pups wait a bit on that.

Though I'm not going to start looking for homes for them until after their second set of shots! They are so tiny and what with my kids having found them in the garden I'd like for them to have the extra immune boost!

Reactions: Tuckersmom

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Makes sense. Do you have any people in mind? Or people who are interested?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts