Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I take her out to the park, she will start eating the grass. She also likes to eat leaves of any kind. We have found bits of leaf in her poop. Any advice?

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
My pup loves dead grass, like shortly after we mow he goes nuts. Vet says theres nothing wrong, and he doesn't appear to need more fiber in his diet. He just seems to like it. If she's not sick, and not having any issues with going potty then I'd not worry about it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
We were told by our vet (and I read in a dog book too), that some dogs do just eat grass because they like the taste of it, and not because they feel ill. I brought it up with the vet because Kasper (and every dog I've ever walked!) eats mouthfulls of grass every now and then...we were told it's nothing to worry about, as long as he's otherwise healthy and on a good quality food.

Red

·
Registered
264 Posts
Our pup LOVES grass. Often when people mention that their dog eats grass, they get told it's because they have an upset tummy.. this just isn't always the case. I'm 110% positive our dog eats grass because she likes the taste, and when it isn't that it's probably because it tickled her and she's attacking it, or because it waved in a breeze and she's playing with it, and so on and so on.. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts