Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently got an 8 week old pup (A little young in my opinion...) and she is teething. I'm looking for some suggestions on chew toys! I am already planning on picking up a Puppy Kong for her (the ones with holes on the top and bottom). What other ones do you guys suggest? She loves rope toys so I may get her a few more. Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nylabones!! My puppy LOVES them for teething.

Ball toys, stuffed toys, a large variety of toys is a must. Some puppies get bored of toys fast so a large variety is always good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ball toys, stuffed toys, a large variety of toys is a must. Some puppies get bored of toys fast so a large variety is always good.
Variety is key! I keep a rotation of toys, about 3 out at a time. Once Stella seems to lose interest in a certain one, I'll pack it away and bring out a 'new' one for her, and she gets all excited haha.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Variety is key! I keep a rotation of toys, about 3 out at a time. Once Stella seems to lose interest in a certain one, I'll pack it away and bring out a 'new' one for her, and she gets all excited haha.
I WISH I could swap toys out. My JRT x already figured out where I store toys and won't give up until he gets that ONE SPECIFIC TOY (and usually he has to pull out every single toy just to get that one XD)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I WISH I could swap toys out. My JRT x already figured out where I store toys and won't give up until he gets that ONE SPECIFIC TOY (and usually he has to pull out every single toy just to get that one XD)
They are silly when they want to be! Haha. Stella has her favourites too :) There's a rope with a ball on one end and a stuffed snowman on the other. It's Christmas, and my OCD screams to pack it away, but she LOVES it! This is the toy that goes to bed with her. She'll be in another room, on another floor even, and I'll pick it up... and then she's right beside me! Sixth sense, I'm telling you lol

·
Registered
501 Posts
Lost of different textures are important...best toy I ever found was one that felt like my hand!...helped divert the puppy biting!

Another great thing that Pax loved was Himalayan Chews. They are hard cheese chews that are something they can gnaw on, is a bit of treat and gives them a destructive outlet. Pax's inclination to destroy things dramatically decreased when I introduced those. Not cheap...but cheaper than new shoes and furniture!

https://www.amazon.com/Himalayan-Dog-Chew-contains-pieces/dp/B004GT6J0Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472185242&sr=8-2&keywords=himalayan+dog+chew+large

1 - 6 of 6 Posts