Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used CBD for their dogs? I got a sample of hemp dog treats for Delilah and I'm wondering if it would help at all with her anxiety.

My main question is, if using it for anxiety, would you feed it every day as a supplement, or only before a stressful event like a trip to the vet?

I know that humans can develop a tolerance to marijuana, but I don't know if it would be the same for dogs and hemp.

I guess if no one knows, I have a vet appointment on Thursday anyways so I can ask then.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I am very interested in hearing thoughts on this. I've never really considered it before but have done some reading on it this morning and figure it's worth a shot.

I wonder if it would be more cost effective though to buy the oil instead of paying for treats (treats seem pretty pricey). I'm thinking of adding the oil to melted coconut oil, putting in molds, and giving as my own treats - thoughts?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had never heard about this before, so I also did a bit of reading as PoppyKenna has, and discovered a website with a very helpful FAQ, here: https://canna-pet.com/how-to-use/faqs/

This seems to answer revolutionrocknroll's question:
My Pet has intermittent issues, like anxiety on car trips or during storms, do I have to use Canna-Pet all the time to see benefits?

Nope! You are perfectly fine using at will. If you know a storm is approaching or you’re getting ready for a road trip, simply give our products to your pet 45 minutes before.

----------

We have a vet that does home visits, but if that weren't available, I probably would have given these to Kirby, who experienced a great deal of stress going to the vet years previously. I'd tried other supposed stress alleviating supplements on my dogs years ago and they never seemed to work. It's good to see some advancement in this area!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts