Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I prevent Bella from getting tapeworms she got them a few weeks back and I had her treated I read it was caused by ingesting fleas but never have i had a dog catch tapeworms when I didn't treat their flea's and Bella has been on revolution since I got her and she managed to get tapeworms. She does not have flea's and our other dog is being treated with comfortis so wtf. Is there a way to prevent it I cant afford to deworm her constantly and I don't want her to get them.. We do have roaches because a year or more ago someone stayed with us and brought them here and she eats them will they cause tapeworms and for the people that says get rid of them we have been spraying but they aren't dying. we cant afford an exterminator and we can't fog the house because my mom is disabled and she can't get out the house since her insurance won't cover a ramp

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Roaches can spread diseases to humans so I imagine that it is possible your dog could get something from them. Roaches are not something that you can just live with. I suggest you save your money and figure out a way to get rid of them.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
It's fleas that are the culprit for the tapeworms, I know of no other insect that transmits them. There are a different type of tapeworm that is transmitted by the pet eating raw meat and rodents but it's rare for a pet to get them. Tapeworm-Flea Life Cycle In Your Pet

Even if Bella does not have a lot of fleas on her she can still get tapeworms, it only takes one infected flea to cause it, sort of like people getting West Nile, the person wouldn't have to be bit by a bunch of mosquitoes to get it, he would only have to be bit one infected one. Back when I had my 2 dogs and cat they would all get fleas yet only my cat would get tapeworms my dogs never did, logically all three should have gotten them but it didn't happen that way.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's hard to save up the money for the exterminator my parents are on social security and we use all our money on bills and grocerys we struggle to pay the bills now and I owe 1500$ to the local hospital that I have got to pay some how. We are working on getting rid of them we just keep spraying and spraying and hope they go away sooner or later. Once we get a ramp built were gonna leave the house and fog the house.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
It's hard to save up the money for the exterminator my parents are on social security and we use all our money on bills and grocerys we struggle to pay the bills now and I owe 1500$ to the local hospital that I have got to pay some how. We are working on getting rid of them we just keep spraying and spraying and hope they go away sooner or later. Once we get a ramp built were gonna leave the house and fog the house.
I'm so sorry about your mom:( hopefully y'all can get the ramp built, I bet just being able to get out for awhile may help her. Don't worry about trying to pay the hospital bill all at once, just call them up and set up a payment plan if you have not done so already. So long as they are excepting payments from you they cannot do anything to you.

Reactions: Sha
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.