Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge problem. My cat is peeing blood, and pooping on the floor (which she has never ever done before) and I can't afford to take her to the vet because I just blew all of my money on my dog who got bit in the eye by my rat
I'm terrified about what might be wrong with her. She doesn't act strangely, like she hasn't stopped eating, or anything, she still comes to me to cuddle and everything. I've tried to examine her as much as I can, she hasn't been hit by a car, she doesn't have any bruises, she doesn't seem to be hurting in any way..
Is it possible it might be stress? because my sister just moved in with her six cats, and unfortunately one of her cats passed, and another one had to move, but since then she got a kitten. Maybe she is stressed by all this change?

I need help
And please don't yell at me about the vet, I have very little money to live on this month, and I'd like to eat, and feed my pets
If she makes it, I promise I'll take her to the vet when I get money(in three weeks)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It's doubtful that even if there was a vet on this site that they could tell you what is wrong with you kitty, and so, couldn't tell you how to treat it. Only a real exam and perhaps some tests can do that.

I do know some cats can form crystals in their bladders that cause infection and bleeding. I had a cat who had reoccurring incidents of bladder infections for her whole life. My vet blamed it on ash and potassium that is added as fillers in most cat foods. One reason why she's pooping outside the box might be because she's associating pain with her litter box....but all of that is purely a guess.

Again....what I mentioned could be one of dozens of things that could be wrong...and only a visit to a vet can determine what's wrong with her.

Do you have only 1 vet in your area? Can you call around and see if there are any that would take payments if your vet doesn't do that. Also, is there anything of value that you can live without? Something you can sell, or pawn, or give up...such as cable t.v?

I've never been rich, but at one point, when I had a job (I'm on disability now) I could afford Cable t.v. or DISH t.v....and I gave that up when I got hurt. I get most of my entertainment from the internet now watching older movies and older and newer t.v. series on either free or very cheap sites like Netflix, or HULU.

I also sold some old jewelry and a couple of rifles I had...just to pay for a dental bill. Those were things I thought I would never sell...but I did...as I had to take care of myself before holding on to things that were rarely used anymore.

Also, maybe you can ask 5 or 10 friends to each loan you a small amount of money to pay for the vet bill...then pay back each friend...who probably wouldn't charge you too much a small loan...and some of them might be ok if it took even 3 months to pay off like a $10 dollar loan (or the Swedish equivalent of that).
I hope you can find help for your kitty soon.

Stormy

Reactions: kelly528

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's doubtful that even if there was a vet on this site that they could tell you what is wrong with you kitty, and so, couldn't tell you how to treat it. Only a real exam and perhaps some tests can do that.

I do know some cats can form crystals in their bladders that cause infection and bleeding. I had a cat who had reoccurring incidents of bladder infections for her whole life. My vet blamed it on ash and potassium that is added as fillers in most cat foods. One reason why she's pooping outside the box might be because she's associating pain with her litter box....but all of that is purely a guess.

Again....what I mentioned could be one of dozens of things that could be wrong...and only a visit to a vet can determine what's wrong with her.

Do you have only 1 vet in your area? Can you call around and see if there are any that would take payments if your vet doesn't do that. Also, is there anything of value that you can live without? Something you can sell, or pawn, or give up...such as cable t.v?

I've never been rich, but at one point, when I had a job (I'm on disability now) I could afford Cable t.v. or DISH t.v....and I gave that up when I got hurt. I get most of my entertainment from the internet now watching older movies and older and newer t.v. series on either free or very cheap sites like Netflix, or HULU.

I also sold some old jewelry and a couple of rifles I had...just to pay for a dental bill. Those were things I thought I would never sell...but I did...as I had to take care of myself before holding on to things that were rarely used anymore.

Also, maybe you can ask 5 or 10 friends to each loan you a small amount of money to pay for the vet bill...then pay back each friend...who probably wouldn't charge you too much a small loan...and some of them might be ok if it took even 3 months to pay off like a $10 dollar loan (or the Swedish equivalent of that).
I hope you can find help for your kitty soon.

Stormy

Thank you for your advice. I do have a golden bracelet I've kept from my grandma, who I can sell
I might be able to loan some money from my parents too.
I'll try anything. I might be even be able to sell some paintings or something.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The one thing that jumps out at me is kidney infection. With any infection of the urinary tract, blood doesn't normally appear in the urine until the infection is already inside the kidneys.

I do a lot of research on this particular topic considering I have a chronic UTI problem that has resulted in a few minor and one major kidney infection.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one thing that jumps out at me is kidney infection. With any infection of the urinary tract, blood doesn't normally appear in the urine until the infection is already inside the kidneys.

I do a lot of research on this particular topic considering I have a chronic UTI problem that has resulted in a few minor and one major kidney infection.

That doesn't sound good D:
Is there anything I can do to check if it is kidney infection at home?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not that I know of, unfortnately. Really make sure she's drinking enough water.

Kidney infectons are EXTREMELY painful, though. So it might be early or something else. Hopefully you can get her to a vet before more symptoms show up. They're generic symptoms, but acting in pain and vomiting would definitely warrant a visit when combined with the blood.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Does your vet accept care credit? You could see if you qualify and pay it off in bits and pieces instead of all at once. This would also give you time to save money as well.

It sounds similar to a kidney infection or uti. A vet visit is necessary for your kitty I'm afraid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not that I know of, unfortnately. Really make sure she's drinking enough water.

Kidney infectons are EXTREMELY painful, though. So it might be early or something else. Hopefully you can get her to a vet before more symptoms show up. They're generic symptoms, but acting in pain and vomiting would definitely warrant a visit when combined with the blood.
I'll keep a close look on her

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
My cat has had this, it sounds almost certainly like a UTI, with the kidneys infected if there is blood. While I appreciate your financial situation, your cat needs antibiotics, your vet may also give an anti inflamitory medicine to relieve the discomfort. This is a very unpleasant illness, so please do all you can to get your cat to a vet, it won't get better without intervention I'm afraid. In the meantime, try to make sure your cat drinks lots of water & if you normally feed dry food, change to wet food, there is lots of water in wet food & that will help.
Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If your cat has cystitis and /or crystals in the urine , it can cause the urethra to swell and soon she wont be able to pee. It can be fatal especially for male cats.
I hope you will find the money to take her to the vet .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts