Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello my english is not my native languaje but ill try my best to explain whats happening

im triying to teach my 2 months old schanuzer the basics tricks like sit and getting down, but everytime i put a treat out he just go crazy starting to jump and triying to get the treat right away.. i tried to put the treat inside my fist and wait till he back off but it never happen, he just get distracted and leave but its not like letting it off... (btw he is crazy about food.. i think one day he will eat the food the plate and make a hole in the floor) someone told me to burn that energy by taking him outside.. but he only have 1 puppy shot and i live at a 15th floor apt and my neighbors have dogs too so i dont want him to get sick from other dog

thax in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I took my puppy out when she had only one shot. Just dont let her sniff any other dogs poop or talk any other dogs and you should be fine. Most puppies are super crazy when they are little. They just want to play. Try this.

Try teaching the touch game first. It will get the mind thinking. Have a treat in your hand and have litle a small plate in front of your hand and once the nose touches it give the treat from your other hand. Dont give the one that was in side your hand. Teaching the touch game gets them thinking. Just keep repeating then say touch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEKwLY5IKY8

1 - 3 of 3 Posts