Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you haven't done this already, try to clean up accidents with an enzymatic cleaner. Your puppy may be going to places off the pee pads that she has gone before. Getting rid of the scent with the cleaner could be helpful.

Other than that, I second what @Red said. Take the dog out frequently, praise her endlessly and shower her with treats when she eliminates outside or on the pads, and try to recognize her signals as best as possible. Keeping her tethered to you could be helpful, or keeping her in a confined space, like a room blocked off with a gate could be helpful as well (with you in the room as well). Also, if you're not taking her out in the night, try doing that too. Puppies often can't hold their bladder that long. It is not pleasant, but waking up at intervals to take her out will be helpful. As the puppy gets older, you can increase the amount of time between the intervals and gradually get through the night.

I don't have much advice on the crate/separation piece, but I'm sure others will chime in. My dog did this too...and I can't really remember how we got through it! Oh, the things we repress when dealing with puppies...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.