Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! So I have some questions regarding my 13 month old female Basset. She was in heat around the week of June 5th and her and my 15 month old Great Pyrenees romped around the backyard freely although I never saw them tie specifically. We left for a 3 week vacation and the dogs stayed with my sister. When we came back, Wendy, our Basset was super cuddly, had large nipples suddenly, and was sleeping practically all day long. She also threw up for the first time...a couple of different times.
I took her to the vet on what would have been about her 5th week. The vet charged me $375 to do an x-ray but never told me that they would not be able to see puppies at this stage if there were any. She felt Wendy's tummy and said all she could feel was poop which was evident after the x-ray. All I got from the vet was she is super healthy...but they could not determine if she was pregnant or not. I am looking g for a new vet right now. But in the mean time...could anyone look at these pics of her and tell me if she even looks potentially pregnant or if I'm just losing my mind? She would be roughly 7 weeks. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
There truly is no way to tell from the pictures. I would go back to the vet and pressure them to give you an answer on if she is or isn't pregnant. And if she is I would opt to abort the puppies. Being that she is a smaller dog and the father is such a large dog, having larger puppies could cause massive problems for the mother.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts