Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been debating on what breed our dog is, she suggested black mouth cur, I just can't see it though, he looks more like a belgian mal to me. He's about 5 months old and his ears have gone from floppy to standing to random throughout the day, I am just curious as to what others think! I have uploaded multiple photos of him in the link below, Much appreciated!

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
He looks like he might have malnois in him. You'll know for sure if his energy absolutely tests your limits. Mals are one of the most energetic, intense, busy, ENTERTAIN ME ENTERTAIN ME ENTERTAIN ME breeds out there. If he won't calm down after 2-3 hours of intense exercise per day, probably malnois.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well then he is probably a mal because he is like a energizer bunny, he can exercise for hours on end and it's as if he never broke a sweat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
From simply looks alone, I'd say yes, I can see some slight Malinois looks in him, such as his muzzle color and facial looks.

Having read that he is nonstop energy, I'd say most definitely has some Malinois in him. Make sure, since he may, please keep him busy, busy, busy, and maybe enter him into some high drive sports if he has a high drive. Malinois are one of the biggest "issue" dogs for many dog owners, not because the breed itself is an issue, but because the owner may not be able to handle the intensity and drive the dog always has. Something I wish my dog had, but a trait others may not like if they don't have the time to fulfill the dog's drive needs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks just like my girl.. but we aren't sure either! From the consensus, it appears she may be a "shepherd mix" which I think includes mal. She DEFINITELY has endless energy..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts