Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
lmao....

I just bought som' interesting dog food....its beaver meat...I also got the venison tripe and a turkey one...

stuff looks really cool...pretty much only meat and water.

Gourmet Beaver

http://www.caninecaviar.com/Green Venision Tripe.aspx

it says 1/4 can per 60lbs!! Holy crap.

anyway its was only 75 cents a can! Big lots had it. Thats cheaper than alpo....if the dogs like it Iam going back and buying it ALL.

ETA wow I just checked online and these are regularly $2.50 a can.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love big lots...I was there looking for oatmeal lolz

haven't opened it yet... I'll go do that right now...I can't stand the suspence.

in hindsight the beaver sounds really rich...but the tripe and turkey look like they will be normal...they are 1/4 can per 40lbs

I just saw a can that said "gourmet beaver" and I did a double take.

Paw you don't have a big lots in az?

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay so its bright red and smells like strong cat food...

tastes horrible..ugh. No wonder we eat chicken instead.

Just offered the can to Tippy and Emma...they went nutso over it so I think we have a winner.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
:eek: I never learned bargain shopping...but I am now getting into it... will find a location closest to us and go grab me some this weekend. Thanks for the great idea! Good snack for them.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
i may be near a big lots this weekend too....
thanks for opening it...i couldn't stand the suspense either :p
did you really taste it:eek: you are way braver than me...i don't think i could have brought myself to do that

where do you suppose they get the beaver meat from btw...i couldn't find anything on their website

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the can says "made in the usa" so probably poaching 'em out of som'ones backyard lol

actually aren't beavers farmed for the fur trade?

I just tasted a little dab. It smelled/ looked not bad..

It tastes...almost like yucky plant flavor....like if you chew on a leaf. lolz I had to make toast to make the flavor go away.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
he's so long! or is it just a trick of the camera? i never noticed before...think he may have some weener dog in there?
looks really cute with his ears like that too.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
you know what your not the first person to say that...

hes...for lack of a better word...wierd looking...his front feet are huge and the rear ones tiny...the ears are on the side of his head...hes a generic color...he wont stop growing...we originally thought he'd be 6lbs....hes 15 so far.

In person you can see the pug...especially in his smile... everyone who sees photos can't see it...everyone in person can....if his ears were different I'd swear hes a puggle. Chi x pug is our best guess...I ran into a guy who breeds Chugs and he says the 25% chi 75% pugs mixes look just like him.

i'll post a side pic in my tippy thread so this doesn't go to far off topic. :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
oh, that sorta makes sense....i mean not really, cuz it's so hard to really know, but i'll buy it :) 15 lbs...that's about what my friends with the chi/pug/whatever mixes are wieghing in at now...they're 7mos old. i don't see pug in them at all though.

funny enough i get a lot of weiner dog comments about clover, he is much longer than he is tall....obviously not a weiner dog though. :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Just watch the expiration dates on things you buy at Big Lots. I used to love Big Lots but the last couple times I was in there, the prices were higher than Walmart and nothing that I couldnt' get at Walmart. I was disappointed.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Beaver meat?? Oh man. I think the grosser it is the more they like it!! We don't have a big lots here so Mikey gets no Beaver ;)

I can't believe you tasted it!! LOL You are so brave!!

And Clover. Is. Not. A. Weiner. Dog. LOL Too funny that people say that!!

Last night at the dog park someone thought Mikey was a purebred Basenji WHAT A HOOT!!

I thought after I should have said-oh no, he's a purebred show rotti!! Like-uh? Come on...

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just watch the expiration dates on things you buy at Big Lots. I used to love Big Lots but the last couple times I was in there, the prices were higher than Walmart and nothing that I couldnt' get at Walmart. I was disappointed.
Thanks for that... It was actually the first thing I check because I kept thinking som'thing HAS to be wrong with it.

The cans I bought are labeled 2010.

I actually will pay more to avoid walmart. Our walmart is....well....scary for lack of a better word...I've had homeless people scream at me (one wouldn't leave me alone until I locked myself in my car) and wierd customers aproach me...plus its the only one for this side of the city so its always packed.

I utilize the buddy system when I go to walmart. LOL:p

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Now I'm going to eat my words-My friend has a Basenji but I looked at more pics and I guess he doesn't look THAT different-just you know twice the size and no curly tail...and he shaped more like a pig (long and low) then a horse (which is how I see the basenji's are shaped!)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts