Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has just been diagnosed with ctvt. Today i saw drops on blood on the floor when my dog stood up. At first i thought my other dog has bit her and it was coming from there. I inspected her body to see the wound and then she lifted her leg and i saw something bulging from her vagina. I rushed her to the vet and they have given me this diagnosis. We have scheduled a surgery tomorrow morning. After reading some articles i saw that chemo works well, but my vet has not suggested it. What should i do? Please anyone with any experience in this matter, help me. Also i read that it is transmissible by licking. My other dog just licked this area. Will she also have tumour? Of course i'll ask all this questions to my vet too, but i have a long night ahead of me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wow.. .sure do NOT recommend surgery... have treated about 4 of these over the years and all disappeared completely with 1-2 doses of Vincristine (many vets do not feel comfortable using Chemo drugs, so you may have to 'shop' around a bit)... .but have not heard surgery is ever the best option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts