Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something adorable and scary happened today and I wanted to share. As a warning to be aware when small puppies could be eating and a heartwarming anecdote about sibling / surrogate parent love.

I was upstairs near the back porch, Leia was below me eating her kibble in the garage and she started coughing on what must have have been a partly chewed piece, this has happened before and she's always coughed it up in less than a minute but I always get nervous. I started to head down as soon as I heard her coughing but I hadn't made it down the first set of stairs before seeing simba, who had been playing at the very end of the back yard, skip the second staircase altogether, clearing 2 rosemary plants and at least 5 vertical feet on to stone pavers before head butting Leia at full speed. I have wasn't down quickly enough to see if she had coughed it up on her own or as a result of the head butt but she wasn't choking anymore and Simba was looking very serious and slightly pleased.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Good to hear that your puppy is ok.

I always supervise meal times and once had to perform a Heimlich on my dog, who tried to swallow a chicken ankle whole and it got stuck in. The dog started to stagger, as air had been cut off. Had I not been there and quickly done the Heimlich manoeuvre, the dog would have died.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.