Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://youtu.be/qqxsdCP_qyE
"Claudia Moser, Celtic dream freestyle routine, Crufts 2009"
Had me bawling my eyes out, the dog and handler are so in-tune, so beautiful.
Missing my Dynamo and agility at the same time; might be part of it.
I've been looking up freestyle while I impatiently wait for bc-mix rescue to get his flight to Canada (sometime in January). I'm hoping to teach him some moves to keep us both busy on winter days.
Would love to see more routines or training tips or just chat.

Reactions: jsigrist

·
Registered
495 Posts
Oh, wow! That was fun to watch! And it looked like the dog was having sooo much fun! Which makes it all the more fun to watch. :D

I, unfortunately, know nothing about freestyle, but I'd love to hear about other folks' experiences with it!

Reactions: Artdog

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
499 Posts
I like dog dancing too but I am so unimaginative that making a routine is very difficult for me. My dog knows some moves though.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More training goodies.
Watch "Canine freestyle training display Part 1 with Richard Curtis at Crufts 2009" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/qEbnJ-nPBSE

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh wow! I just discovered canine freestyle a few days ago, and I was extremely impressed! I was about to make a new thread on it, hehe! I have been wanting to try to do something new and fun with Paige, but she hates doing things outdoors. I ran into a website that suggested doing "dog dancing" so I looked it up and whoa! It looks so fun!

Do you have any more training links or tips? We haven't gotten very far, but it's so fun! We're working on building her leg strength so she can dance on two legs a little. She learns quickly, but I'm having a hard time finding information or training!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh wow! I just discovered canine freestyle a few days ago, and I was extremely impressed! I was about to make a new thread on it, hehe! I have been wanting to try to do something new and fun with Paige, but she hates doing things outdoors. I ran into a website that suggested doing "dog dancing" so I looked it up and whoa! It looks so fun!

Do you have any more training links or tips? We haven't gotten very far, but it's so fun! We're working on building her leg strength so she can dance on two legs a little. She learns quickly, but I'm having a hard time finding information or training!
I found this thread on bc boards The Making of a Freestyle Dog - Obedience, Agility, and Flyball - BC Boards

In general, for us DIY'ers, look up "free shaping" and watch a lot. When I get my dog, beyond the basics, this is what I'll be working on. I did agility before, but I'm done with travelling, burning up dollars and rules schmools.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
You will need to look into rear end awareness too. Kikopup on YouTube has many training g techniques that can help you out with many free style moves to train. She also offers membership.

I discovered that too by seeking a golden named rookie and her owner doing doggy dancing to the music your the one that I want from the movie greese and I think she was the one who started this craze.(but don't quote me on that.)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will need to look into rear end awareness too. Kikopup on YouTube has many training g techniques that can help you out with many free style moves to train. She also offers membership.

I discovered that too by seeking a golden named rookie and her owner doing doggy dancing to the music your the one that I want from the movie greese and I think she was the one who started this craze.(but don't quote me on that.)
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you have a link to one or two you recommend? Would love to see, thanks.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
https://youtu.be/xEqQDw8Jo9M

Here is the main one. My internet has reached it's limit and I can't watch many videos for fear of going over and having to pay extra 200 for going over my limit. (Another reason I want to leave. Tired of limits.) We only have 1 company here and they MAKE the bush area of alaska LIMITED yet in Anchorage and the surorunding cities there they have a choice.

If you click on her name there, you will be directed to her other channels. She does a lot of how to heel work needed for freestyle/agility.

Reactions: Artdog

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
https://youtu.be/xEqQDw8Jo9M

Here is the main one. My internet has reached it's limit and I can't watch many videos for fear of going over and having to pay extra 200 for going over my limit. (Another reason I want to leave. Tired of limits.) We only have 1 company here and they MAKE the bush area of alaska LIMITED yet in Anchorage and the surorunding cities there they have a choice.

If you click on her name there, you will be directed to her other channels. She does a lot of how to heel work needed for freestyle/agility.
Thanks, that is awesome. I plan on using this thread as reference as soon as I get "new dog" to this point. Manners 1st, of course.
And thanks for your sacrafice, I have friends who live in "the bush" and their internet limits are awful. You are very kind.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, thank you so much!

I've been continuing to work with Paige and she just loves it. A few minutes ago, she stood up on her rear legs and tried to grab onto my hands. She did this by herself. I was just standing there and she went, "It's time to dance now!" and began to dance. I watched her a little bit clawing at me, then she started just rearing up and dancing around with what little I've taught her by herself. Then I grabbed her and we danced some together. It was amazing :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, thank you so much!

I've been continuing to work with Paige and she just loves it. A few minutes ago, she stood up on her rear legs and tried to grab onto my hands. She did this by herself. I was just standing there and she went, "It's time to dance now!" and began to dance. I watched her a little bit clawing at me, then she started just rearing up and dancing around with what little I've taught her by herself. Then I grabbed her and we danced some together. It was amazing :)
Sounds fun. My dance partners coming soon...but I'm guessing he'll need to learn some more important stuff first so it'll be awhile...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm parking a video here, Michael Ellis on treat delivery. http://youtu.be/3mwBzjIGAkE
He uses luring to incite and excite dogs, they get very excited about training, including things we might think is boring. But, excited dogs sometimes revert to nipping & biting when taking treats. The video shows how to hold a treat so your dog will push against your hand, not nip, comfortable for you and exciting for the dog.
My pupp is coming tonight!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.