Dog Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Unless there is a break out in your area or you work in some sort of open admission animal shelter or animal hospital they are unnecessary.

Reactions: Rain

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I get them because I tend to board my dog once a year and they are required. If it wasn't for that I'd be skipping it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Do you guys not get issues with dogs (where you live) with kennel cough and canine flu there? I thought it was across the board.
We have (in Australia) a single vaccine that does distemper, parvo, hepatitis, and kennel cough. Im just curious as to the differences in other countries.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Do you guys not get issues with dogs (where you live) with kennel cough and canine flu there? I thought it was across the board.
We have (in Australia) a single vaccine that does distemper, parvo, hepatitis, and kennel cough. Im just curious as to the differences in other countries.
It's here but unless I kennel Zody he's not likely to come into enough contact with a dog to get kennel cough. I take him to the pet shop maybe once a month but keep him away from nearly all the dogs, other then that we only come into contact with dogs I know, and that's usually outside. If I took him to doggy daycare, dog parks, or other places where a lot of dogs congregate I'd be more worried. The other thing I do not like about the vaccine is that it's hit or miss as to whether or not it will protect against the strain of kennel cough the dog comes into contact with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts