Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I just wanted to get in touch with some other Cane Corso owners. Not many people own them where I live.
I currently have an 9 month old Cane Corso puppy. I have never owned a corso before. I really hadn't even heard of the breed. I am a dog trainer and groomer, and have had big powerful breeds my whole life. I got her from a guy who simply just told me that he didn't have the time for her. And by that I mean I got her she was already 4 months old and had no training or socialization except with the other dogs she lived with.
She does have some people reactivity, that we are currently working on and have come miles in. She loves the dog park and playing with other dogs. She is quite big as she is 100lbs and still growing.
She is by far one of the best dogs I have owned. She's super smart (to smart for her own good), loves to come to work with me and help out with my training classes. She's a shadow at my side constantly. She also thinks she's a 10lb dog, and that every dog wants to her be friend. She's super cuddly, loveable (once you get past her looking big, and scary.Oh and her bark, it's pretty loud). She wants to do everything with my boyfriend and I and we hardly do anything without her. If we go to a drive thru for food, you bet she comes with.
I've found so far that she's easy to train, wants to learn new things all the time, is a soft handed dog. I've also found that she can be pretty stubborn.
I just wanted to share my experience with the breed so far.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It's pretty typical for them to be velcro dogs ime and want to go every where you go it's too bad her previous owner didnt do much with her but at least she got a good owner in you

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey there, i know its a bit of an old thread but im new to this forum.

I have 2 cane corso. 1 male(1 and a half years old) and 1 female( 6 months old) who sounds very similar to your girl. she stays alot closer than he did. i have hear that the female of this breed is alot more protective than the males. my male is very chilled out and only barks when someone is at the door or he hears a noise in our yard. where is our girl is more cautious and isnt so trusting in strangers when we are out and about.

we also take them everywhere we can and when we go to restaurants we search for places that allow dogs so they are very socialized.

its a shame to hear about the first owner as they are a very rare breed in australia and the owners of the very few have been researching the breed and are passionate about them. not sure why he would have one only to realise he doesnt have time for her?....
would love to know how you are going with her and how she has developed health and training wise?? also is she desexed if so what age did you do it?(still deciding when to have our girl done) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.