Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. Candy, my French Bulldog, died about six months ago. I was thinking about her today.

I miss Candy. She had a long life for a french bulldog. And she was absolutely nothing like the frenchies in the book: "your sweet and gentle pet." Candy loved to kill. It was part of her personality. She couldn't catch anything but frogs, but she was hell on frogs. One of my favorite memories of Candy: my son was visiting and had brought his black lab, Buster's, bed, a soft bed. She pulled Buster's bed into hers, climbed into both. Buster on one side, outside the bed, his head on it, Belle, our miniature schnauzer, on the other, outside the bed, her head on the side. Candy, satisfied and beaming. She adored the grandchildren, Tadashi and tomiyo. When Tomiyo was a baby, crawling on the floor, Candy chasing around, anxious, afraid she'd get hurt. Candy seemed to think the world was full of dangers for a crawling baby and Tomiyo should stay in somebody's lap. Candy had many toys - all the toys. She hated the vacuum cleaner. One day I was vacuuming and one of the squeakers from one of her destroyed toys got inside and began wheezing. Some of candy's toys were on the floor. She rushed in, rescued them, put them in the hall and came back to kill the vacuum cleaner. Candy stood ten inches at the shoulder. She assumed she could kill any dog around if necessary. When we were walking, we'd meet other dogs, she'd rush in front, glare, they'd display submissive behaviour. I don't know if it was because they thought she was a puppy or she had the Mother Glare and they were thrown back into puppyhood. She never got in a dog fight but I suspect she would have enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading. I really do miss her. I want somebody besides me to think about her for a moment, laugh at her antics, admire her as I do.

·
Super Moderator
3,746 Posts
Oh my gosh, I did have a chuckle at the vacuum cleaner story. It sounds like she quite entertained the family. You must miss her greatly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts