Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can anyone help me identify what breeds crossed together to make my mixed breed dog? I have attached two pictures. I know one breed is a dachshund. Is the other Beagle? I really can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think jack russell terrier/dachshund mix or a rat terrier/dachshund mix. Sorry if I misspelled doxie lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like a Doxie to me! I don't know why, but her face looks like a GSD, but.... I don't think that is very possible. :) LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh! It's so hard to tell, though based on responses I am leaning toward thinking he is a German Shepherd-Dachshund mix, although I can't think how that would be physically impossible without going into graphic detail! Cassidy- i dont see any terrier except maybe kinda the body structure?

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
he is 30 lbs, I would guess about twice the size of a dashchund?

Standard Doxies can get up to 30 lbs..everyone is just used to seeing the minis...
For example this is a standard....see how big it is against the womans legs

and Im not trying to be rude so don't take this the wrong way, but your dog looks decently overwieght. Thats probably is contributing alot to the size.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Totally reminds me of my nanny's dog who was a chi mix-very much like the dog chriosphynx posted actually ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Doxie for sure. And possibly some terrier of some sort, or even corgi. But not a lot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had a jack russel mix that passed about three years ago, and she looks almost exactly like him. Well, he was more beagle so no long body lol.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Looks like an over weight dachshund. Variances in color and length of body as well as height are normal in the breed. In fact the first dachshunds were much taller and had more poportionate bodies to their overall frame, so yours looks like it could be more like a working type dachshund that would go to ground in an actual hunt but yours looks heavy. At 30 lbs the weight is still in the pocket for this breed, but for the frame that weight is being carried on.... overweight. should be more like a 20 lbs dog from the looks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts