Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this guy up from our local shelter yesterday evening! The poor thing is infested with fleas, despite two puppy flea baths, and has worms. He's going to the vet today to get a once over, dewormer, and nexguard for those pesky fleas! We know what he is mixed with since both parents were onsite but I figured it would be fun to see if you guys could figure it out! Both of his parents are purebreds (Gorgeous too. I have no idea why anyone would abandon them.). I came up with a riddle to help you guys out.

Double dew claws, but he only has one,
Course hair, he surely has none,

Thick, soft coat, resistant to weather,
He'll for sure have a bark that compares to no other

Marley's the name, don't wear it out,
Do you think you can guess this puppy's breed now?

And, of course, picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
Lab x Great Pyrenees. Before reading your post I'd say lab or lab mix, puppies can be hard to guess when they are young. Very cute by the way.

Reactions: Sabina88 and TrioB

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Agreed, he looks very much like a lab mix, and double dew claws make me think Pyr.

Reactions: TrioB

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, he is lab/great Pyrenees! A lazy one at that! He got a clean bill of health today at the vet's and nexgard is working wonders for his fleas! I haven't seen any live ones on him and its only been 2 hours. Time for another bath to get the flea dirt off.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I didn't get a chance to guess but that shelter adopted out a puppy infested with fleas? That's something they should take care of first!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.