Dog Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rescued this mix from the shelter was told it is a hound/chow mix but??

Help me out!

i posted in intro to... either one can be deleted.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I agree, tough...I do not see chow, my lab/collie has a black spotted tongue and no chow :) I LOVE the dark brindle coat. I think the body is the size/shape of a lab, is he huge? Sorry the lap pic doesn't help me any with the size LOL If he is big I could almost say hes got something like a newfie or something. Just a wild guess :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he is weights in at 55lbs last i had him checked out..his hair was alot long but shaved it back at the start of summer, its about halfway grown in now, got some nice curls to it, not a smooth coat at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
is pretty hard,i recon hes got some type of collie in him at least.i've seen that type before but i can't get the name out.good luck! ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks like a golden/catahoula. I dont think I spelt it right :/ But the coloration in the tounge also occurs in goldens, so...

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
55 lbs full grown? If that is not the full coat I agree with golden or some kind of sheph. Again I don't think dog could be any cuter, I want him LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replies, im going to look into some of these breeds, look at mixes, and i dont plan to cut his hair again..when it grows back i will get some more pictures!. and he is around 1 1/2 years or so? whats full grown?

and he is great with my son if that says anything.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
thanks for the replies, im going to look into some of these breeds, look at mixes, and i dont plan to cut his hair again..when it grows back i will get some more pictures!. and he is around 1 1/2 years or so? whats full grown?

and he is great with my son if that says anything.
Typically dogs stop growing too much after a year, sometimes they gain a little bit of weight between 1-2 yrs of age but not much. So he would be full grown :)

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I dont' see Chow at all

I always think Mastiff when I see that beautiful brindle coloring ;)

Almost looks like he has Hovawart in him-that face.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't see much Golden at all. But Catahoula Leopard Dog, definitely.... Could even be Plott Hound mix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great!! love the replys, Can see the 'Hovawart' , and can see the 'plott hound'

maybe we have a winnner, cuz he is a long haired dog.. keep the breeds comming!

thanks

Chester's Fool--

·
Banned
112 Posts
The head structure actually looks like a Molassor type of feature, heavy muscled head and the body is flat haired and brindled with a slight build but well muscled. I can't see the brisket or a good shot of the hocks, so I'm guessing a Rotweiller Lab mix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts