Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken my dog to the vet twice recently, for little things, both times, I asked if he was due for anything. They gave him a shot, but said nothing else was due.

Now, I get an email saying he is due for an exam, urine, heartworm test and bordatella shot. I want to scream. We were just there.

He takes heart guard.

Is any of this urgent? He seems fine. He goes to a groomer and they ask for his shot record but I don’t know what is required. I can call and ask.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is he due only for a heartworm test, or Heartgard renewal too? I think that's the only one I'd be concerned about. Additionally, here at least, many of the groomers do require Bordetella, so I'd definitely check with your groomer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is he due only for a heartworm test, or Heartgard renewal too? I think that's the only one I'd be concerned about. Additionally, here at least, many of the groomers do require Bordetella, so I'd definitely check with your groomer.
Thank you. He does go to a groomer. We are going sat. I will ask what they require for next time. He has the heartgard it is just the test he needs.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted the vet. He apologized and said my dog can be seen by a technician whenever we want. The groomers said they only require rabies vaccine. I will double check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts