Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!
ok, so this is random, but all three of my dogs have had minor upset stomachs over the last 24 hrs. One had a bout of diarrhea (ate another dogs food, so we think that upset her stomach), and the other two threw up a couple of times (we think they got sick over stress).
I just got home and was going to give them rice for dinner, ya know, the BRAT diet for upset stomachs. Anyway, I have no rice. Thinking of what I have and for them to eat, I have bread and cheerios. Would it be ok to give them cheerios or would the bread be better? Or both? Should I toast it? How much should I give them each?
Thank you!

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Hey there!
ok, so this is random, but all three of my dogs have had minor upset stomachs over the last 24 hrs. One had a bout of diarrhea (ate another dogs food, so we think that upset her stomach), and the other two threw up a couple of times (we think they got sick over stress).
I just got home and was going to give them rice for dinner, ya know, the BRAT diet for upset stomachs. Anyway, I have no rice. Thinking of what I have and for them to eat, I have bread and cheerios. Would it be ok to give them cheerios or would the bread be better? Or both? Should I toast it? How much should I give them each?
Thank you!
I would feed neither if you have some low sodium broth it would be much healthier and would give their stomachs a rest and time to heal. The cheerios are full of sugar not good for dogs and most bread is no better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would feed neither if you have some low sodium broth it would be much healthier and would give their stomachs a rest and time to heal. The cheerios are full of sugar not good for dogs and most bread is no better.
I might have broth. I'll have to look. What else would be good? Should I just give them all small amounts of their food? I just don't want them hungry and I feel like if I skip a feeding I'm starving them. I know that might sound funny, but I certainly wouldn't want to miss a meal..

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
I think it is not very heavy thing so you can give to dog and if you have more confusions about it then you can make it clear from a quality vet doctor for assurance and satisfaction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts