Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the rescue I adopted from, Cece is somewhere around a year old give or take a month. The last few days, her behavior has changed pretty noticeably. Normally, she doesn't leave my side, but she has been spending a lot of time in her crate. That alone wouldn't have me concerned, but she's been whimpering quite a bit and chewing on her bed, something she's never done. She can be a little mouthy, nothing aggressive just playful, but she's gotten a little more persistent about it. She's eating normally and will initiate play, but when she's whimpering in her crate, she refuses to leave. Is it possible that she's still teething?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Whimpering can mean hurting, I would recommend a vet check. Your dog could have hurt inside the mouth or have something stuck between the teeth. May have fallen or banged & have sore muscles or broken bones. Count how many teeth are in there. Some of my dogs puppy teeth didnt fall out & they had to be removed by the vet. Some other reasons for whimpering are THIRSTY. My dog does this when she wants me to put fresh water in the bowl & bring it to her, yes I know she's a princess! Other reasons are sad, sep angst, too cold, too hot, hungry, they might be wet & uncomforatable. Keep the bedding dry & not hard to lie on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine is 8 and she is obsessed with mouthing , I noticed she doesn't have a full set of teeth or they are not visible. Sometimes she whimpers then stops. She's a very active dog though , and prefers being by herself to the company of others. She doesn't have a bed but the whole yard to herself (it's a closed up one so no other dogs enter), it has a shelter. She also hates beds and rugs and will push aside any rug we get for her. I wish I could read her mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts