Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So My Trixie is only 2.5 years old. She is 10lbs poodle/chi mix. She is our only dog, great with people, kids and our 7 cats.

As a puppy she grew up living with an adult husky & a lab. She did absolutely wonderful with them. Never really had any issues.

I moved right before she turned a year old. She was an only dog then. I did a dog walk during a parade and there were all kinds of dogs and the only one she was a bit nervous around was the great dane which is like a horse so lol One of our neighbors had a chi that she would see outside alot, they would sniff each other and I dog sat it a few times. Zero issues.

Like a few months before she turned 2 I think, she was attacked by a golden receiver while out on a walk. There were no injuries but it had to play a part in making her afraid.

Since August this year, we moved into a house. Maybe the first month we were here a loose med sized dog got into our yard and went at her. No injuries but it was pretty scary.

So yesterday we had a labmix dog staying with us. Friendliest dog ever. My Trixie went crazy, barking her head off. She attempted to attack the dog as soon as she saw it.

i think the dog attacks have made her afraid and now aggressive towards other dogs :(

I am very upset by this. Is there hope that she can change and be friendly again?

I do not know a single person with a dog. None of my neighbors have dogs even. So i can't even do any type of positive association near other dogs.

I dont know what to do.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I am not a trainer. But I would think that if you took her somewhere where she could see other dogs, maybe outside of a pet store. Keep far enough away that she doesn't bark, keep her below thresh hold. And reward her. If she is nervous move farther away. That is what I would think to do anyway. Don't force other dogs on her and take it slow.

I'm sorry to hear about the run ins. And glad she is ok. My basset hound was attacked about a month ago. It was scary and at one point I though the other dog was going to kill him. He's fine now, but still. It is a horrible thing to go through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.