Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am just curious to hear what brands of dry food Aussie's are feeding their dogs. Here is a list of the ones that I could think of, I'd love it if you could post your choice and a reason. And for those dry food guru's, what the difference is between a $150 bag of food and a $20- the effects it has on our pooches?

If yours isnt listed, please let us know :D

Woofbix

Chum

Pedigree

Luckydog

Purina Supercoat

Purina Beneful

Optimum

Sciencediet

Eaglepack

Iams

Natural Balance

Eukanuba

Advance

Of these, I have used Pedigree, Supercoat, and Optimum.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I think you really need to read the ingredients and guaranteed analysis to choose a food. Price isn't always an indicator ;) Here's a good start to how to read a label.
The Dog Food Project - Dog Food Label Information 101

Also I would caution, as you live in Australia, against using food that's imported. A while ago, there were cat deaths associated with imported food and I guess the results of the investigation found the irridation caused it to change and cause the problems (I guess all food coming into australia needs to be irridated) http://www.championpetfoods.com/Australia_Consumer_Release_Nov28.pdf

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikey: Thanks heaps for those links!! I will check them out :)

Criosphynx: Yep, believe it or not, it is a brand of dog food.. not sure why the heck they named it that, but thats what it is!! It's the cheaper type stuff ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts