Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted two dogs this year, both rescues from hot Southern California. They're small chi mixes, very short hair, no undercoats, bald bellies. Vancouver isn't very cold but they need their sweaters when outside right now. Our boy's new here and always has at least a sweater outside, while our girl has adapted a bit and on warmer, dry winter days doesn't wear anything more than a harness out for walks.

The challenge: we may be moving to Calgary in the next 2 months - a big change from the beach in Vancouver! Our local dog boutique is having a 40% off winter clothing sale this weekend, so I figure it's a good time to get some gear for them.

We're used to rain and have some light waterproof jackets and PAWZ for their feet, but nothing for snow and I'm looking for suggestions. I hear Calgary is prone to slush which would be super cold on them (nevermind me!). They love walks outside and I don't plan to change their routines much if possible, only difference is we'd have a yard they could do quick-pees in (way easier than condo living!).

Any suggestions and experiences would be super helpful!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I hear nothing but good things about Chilly dogs. Excellent fit, good styles, very warm, etc. I plan to buy some of their coats for my dogs soon myself.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up getting some Ruffwear pieces that will work here (if we stay) and in Calgary, at 40% off which is pretty fantastic (not cheap stuff!). Gotta love a sale. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I recently discovered these coats

So far Zody tolerates his, he hated every other coat I bought for him. He hasn't managed to pee on the chest, and it is stretchy so it fits snug but doesn't rub him. I'm going to get the singe layer fleece one for chilly days that he needs a light jacket.

Reactions: Cynna

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh wow Pinkspore, that Hurtta coverall looks fantastic (though incorrectly sized on that little chi, lol) - thankyou!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts