Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am an owner of a little puppy called "Zachi" and I am currently in the market to buy a family/pet monitor to keep an eye on Zachi when I'm at work. I found a couple of interesting monitors. The first one is called Petcube (Has a laser but is stationary) the second one is called Helmet (Also has a laser but you can move the camera by sliding the screen on your phone) Which one should I buy? Which one would you buy?

Here's the Helmet Indiegogo page if you're interested:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/helmet-your-eye-your-playmate-and-your-friend#/story

Let me know :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'd buy 3 of these
Amazon.com : Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens (67° Viewing Angle) : Spy Cameras : Camera & Photo

for the price of the one you linked and put them in different rooms so I could keep track of him in different rooms.

For what its worth, I have a a bunch of cameras on my property (not the ones in my link) and while I check up on the pups occasionally once the novelty has warn off its not something you spend much time doing. Watching a dog who's owner is at work is a bit like watching grass grow.

Also lasers, at least for most dogs I've owned, are not that interesting. Its not like with cats. Now if someone combined an ethernet controller with a tenis ball launcher on the other hand I would be interested in that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also use the Foscam (HD one) to monitor my dogs. I have to Foscam in a small room and the Samsung Smartcam in the living room. Has been working great so far!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts