Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all of you!

As we all know, pets (jn particular dogs!) in the western world are getting more and more care from their owners from ever before! This is a great thing!

Myself and my wife have owned dogs all of our lives and in recent times (the past year or two) we have considered starting our own business relating to our passion of dogs in general. We are sales people by trade (dont judge us! it is possible to be ethical with every transaction!) and we have both been in sales for many years, primarily within residential construction.

We have been looking into the growth spots of the pet/dog industry and we can see the following services are being met in most capital cities by small business owners.

Dog grooming / Dog Daycare / Dog Hotels / Dog Walking / Dog Food / Dog Treats / Dog Apparel / Dog Transport

The reason for my post today is to hear peoples opinion on where the next trend is within this industry? Is there any ideas from all / any of you on services for dogs which is yet to be met?

We are interested to hear as we are also brain storming from our end!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have to say that just as in humans the trend to avoid chemicals is growing among pet owners.

From Raw feeding to natural products used to fend off parasites to massage and water therapy anything that offers an alternative to the big pharma is in...

I feed raw and I give my dogs a sheep fat and garlic block each day to help fend off fleas and ticks but Ive been given necklace/collars for them with EM beads, they are a real in thing here.. I dont know if it helps but Im willing to try..
Ive also used CBD oil to ease firework fears with my dog .

I bake my own dogs treats and I think a lot of people would be happy to pay that bit extra to buy quality treats made with pure ingredients and ones designed to be allergy free..
So for me I think the big trend is natural...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mad murphy! Thanks for the reply!

Yes....agreed. It has also taken off in Australia also. I did a search yesterday and there seems to be close to 20 different online treat businesses, most with well designed and easy to navigate (and purchase) web stores. The vast majority of these stores were claiming the nutrition and health of their products due to 'natural' or 'organic' ingredients, with 'reduced salt and fillers'.

I had thought that the treat market was one to look at. But, its seems there is oodles of competition and I am not sure what the already and I cannot think of a 'point of difference' as yet!!!!

It seems the dog product and service market is saturated. Buttttttt, there is always room for the NEXT IDEA given the size of the industry and the amount of dog owners around the globe!!

Looking forward to the thread continuing! Dont be shy people! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts