Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My puppy is 10 weeks old today and I've noticed that he sometimes runs around the house quite quickly with his bum to the ground a bit like something is irritating him. He'll dart around really quickly and then sit and try to sniff/lick his backend. We have had a couple of episodes where he's gone to the toilet and he's had some residue poop stuck to the hair which I've removed, cleaned his bum and clipped hair if necessary.
I have checked him the last couple of times he's done this and there is definitely no poop stuck to his hair but there may be one or two tiny specks of poop stuck to his actual anus.
Could he be bum scooting because of these tiny minute particles because I just presumed most dogs would have maybe one or two specks here in there from time to time without the use of a good toilet paper, or could it possibly be the beginning of his anal glands?
I have noticed a couple of times he has actually dragged his backside along the floor but he has been recently wormed so I'm not worried about it being worms but I know my old Yorkie used to do this when his anal glands needed squeezing I just didn't realise it could possibly start this early?
Any advice from like-minded individuals would be very welcome :) x

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
It might be his anal glands, but it could also be worms. Most routine wormers don't treat ALL worms, so there could be something there that the particular wormer didn't get. I'd take in a fecal sample to your vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.