Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i'd start a thread on Bullet & Chase's journey. :)

1st entry:

Today is stupid hot and humid so I brought Bullet & Chase inside. I have them gated in the kitchen, so far so good. Both have met Cheddar & Devon (my cats) through the gate with no issues. Even the cats didn't hiss like they did with Karitsa, nor did they run away, lol. Cheddar was actually pawing at Chases face, no nails of course more like an exploratory touch, lol. Both boys were so HAPPY to be let inside and are sleeping by my feet as i'm typing this. :)

I took both to the vet last night. They are so well behaved at home but Chase is a spaz in public, lol. Not in a bad or aggressive way, just over stimulated. I had the gentle leader on both and as we're walking into the clinic, I have one dog going in one direction and the other in a different direction. As i'm trying to juggle both dogs, my purse, and a poop sample; Chase was thrashing around because of the gentle leader that the poop sample bag ripped open and spilled the diarrhea all over the floor AND my hand AND purse!! Eeewwww!!!!

Bullet's exam went well except when the vet went to check out his back end. He air snapped at the vet and was not happy at all being touched back there. I had to hold him so the vet could make sure there was nothing there hurting him. He wasn't able to see anything out of the ordinary to chalked it up to Bullet just not liking to be examined back there. I found it strange since I brushed Bullet yesterday, bum and all with absolutely no issues. I wonder if maybe his glands are full and are bugging him. I'll keep an eye on his back end in case there is something going on. The vet also suggested to hold off on Bullet's vaccines because he has diarrhea. He would prefer to wait untill his poop is solid as opposed to potentially making his GI upset worse. Maybe when he goes in for the shots i'll ask them to check his glands. Also, Bullets front teeth are worn down all the way. The vet and I are thinking it was him chewing on his chain. Poor boy. I've been softening his food a bit just in case they are bothering him when he eats.

Also, i'm not a big fan of the name Bullet. If anyone has any suggestions for names would be appreciated. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.