Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I am currently an owner of two adorable, loveable dogs. Kiba is the eldest dog, I've had him since he was two months old and he is now four years old. Kiba was the first dog that I owned and so I didn't properly train him. He's not a bad dog but he's not a good dog either. He listens when he wants to, comes when he wants to, and has the incessant urge to bark at everything. He is moderately behaved so I never really realized the problem until we adopted Anubis a couple of days ago (a 4 month old corgi/collie mix). We are trying to train the puppy early on to obey commands and listen and for the most part he does, the only time he doesn't want to listen is when he notices that Kiba isn't listening. I've realized that in order to create a stable environment for both dogs, my eldest is going to need some retraining.
The problem is that he is a terrier and though too intelligent for his own good, he's stubborn as well. Given that he is four years old I'm here to ask any other fellow terrier owners about tips and tricks that you may have used on your dog to make him more amicable especially since he's a little older.
I do exercise Kiba every day with one to two walks a day. If he has two walks they are in 30 minute intervals and if I take him for one walk its usually 1+hours. Things I would like to be able to teach him now are how to come on command and stay when I tell him to. That would be a good start since that is what we are trying to teach the new puppy. Thanks for your advice and your time it is greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts