Dog Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harvick has a round open wound (very small, red around it, looks like the very lop layer of the skin opened) on his thigh. He keeps was licking his leg this morning and the bf noticed this, when I got home I looked at it as well and all I can think of is its a bug bite that he irritated so much and the skin split. Does this sound reasonable? It is the only one on him. I was going to just clean it and put neosporin on, and what it for the next day. Or is this something a vet should see immediately? Right now he is playing and does not even look at it.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wierd...if its not buggin him and it doesn't look worse I wouldn't worry...
I just looked at it and it is scabbing over...have you ever like knicked yourself while shaving? You know how its that icky annoying top layer gone and scabs over like a yellowish scab (sorry to be so graphic...its like puss)? That is exactly what the wound and the scab looks like. Scabbing is good right? LOL

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL I am wondering if its a bug or maybe he had a pimple? or one of the dogs bit and broke the skin? I will watch it and if it opens up again tomorrow hes going to the vet, I swear I am a crazy mommy LOL "OMG he sneezed call 911!" jk ;) I do worry because I have heard of abcesses busting open like that.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dogs have had nasty "dog zits" that looked like your describing after I popped them...
WHAT?! YOU POPPED THEM?! lol eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew girl why?! HAHAHAHAHA So they looked like open flesh wounds? I mean it wasn't deep...have you ever dissected?! sorry again for graphics but when you slit the first layer of skin...thats what it looked like. My apologies ahead of time if I just made someone run for the toilet.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
WHAT?! YOU POPPED THEM?! lol eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew girl why?! HAHAHAHAHA So they looked like open flesh wounds? I mean it wasn't deep...have you ever dissected?! sorry again for graphics but when you slit the first layer of skin...thats what it looked like. My apologies ahead of time if I just made someone run for the toilet.

ahaha...I have OCD... so yes...I pop them.

Only had three or so...so far....wierd little things.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts