Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
The time has come for me to start thinking about what I am going to do for my final year independant study project and I have NO IDEA!!!:ponder:

I have decided I will do something dog related as it is what I am most interested in. But have come up with few ideas and any outside ideas would be very welcome :D

Thanks In advance :)

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Would you be able to do a study on a specific breed or is that too simple? Possibly on shelter dogs ... Or doggie cancer. Having lost 2 dogs to cancer I'd be intrested in that.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking more of doing a comparason of breeds. But I'm not at all sure what sort of thing to do. I'm really interested in doing something to do with intelligence between dog breeds but not sure how I would do it.
I'm going for a 1st so I need it too be complex. But not too much so :/. And preferably slightly origional. not too much though becuase I'll need plenty of references.

It's all very confusing :confused:

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Maybe study the difference between independent thinker breeds (dachshunds, hounds, terriers) and more biddable breeds (retrievers, herders). I'm shock when people claim the more stubborn breeds aren't intelligent. Nola is 100x smarter than my late lab.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Maybe call a few vets in the area and talk with them about what kind of research they would like to see....maybe a shelter study...reasons why people give up their pets to a particular shelter...and then you can go into facts about economic downturns, disasters impact, like hurricanes/floods, etc. Where did the dogs from katrina go????etc. Hurricane Sandy, etc. Maybe the ASPCA has some areas of interest too!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts