Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read some articles saying to go easy on a Lab's coat, for fear of stripping the undercoat. Below are the two brushing tools I use.

I brush every two days or so, lightly. Which of these two brushes would you use most, and how often? I'm concerned in particular with the wire brush, even if it was recommended in an article I read (along with the blue Kong rubber brush). Curiously, Tessa, a Lab mix whose black coat is all Lab (we've decided she has some Pitbutll in her), takes better to the wire brush than the other one.

(And yes, the wire brush's handle needed duct tape repairs after inadvertently becoming a chew toy.)

·
Registered
884 Posts
I can't see the pics, but I would say, at minimum, brush your dog when needed, and at maximum, if he enjoys the activity, go for it.
Is it the puppy in your pics? Very smooth coated dog? A rubber curry comb would seem apt, in the horse/tack shops, there are gloves with rubber teeth, and it would mold to your dogs body for a nice massage.
A coat like that looks like it would 'need' very little care, but grooming can be a nice bonding experience. I'd experiment and see what gets his butt and tail wiggling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts