Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a day or two ago that my dog had developed a large number of brownish/red dots all over her stomach and around her nipples with a black center within them. The weird thing is that there sort of like a clogged pore, but with a black center instead of clear or white. I thought it might me fleas but we literally just gave her her flea medication a few days ago and she hasn't shown any signs of itching at all. Nor have i seen any crawlers around her coat. Just the very small,but noticeable reddish/brown dots.
Anyone else's dog experienced it or know what it is? should i be concerned?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a picture with it. Also id like to mention that i took her to the groomers yesterday and no one mentioned anything about fleas as well. Im still not sure however. Shes never had them before...but she does have some food allergies.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Could be food allergies, to be honest, I haven't seen this before.

Did she break out before she was groomed?

A phone call to your vet is always warranted for mystery health problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No she broke out about a day or two before being groomed. We took her to the groomers to see if was dirt+ check for fleas and it seemed like she was in the clear. Maybe it could be from allergies but i cant understand why when i squeeze the dots, a black sort of substance comes out. I might give the our vet a call but i just wanted see if anyone else experienced something similar. Thanks for your help :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts