Dog Forum banner

21 - 38 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hmmm, you might be correct about a possible pregnancy. ( I have NO experience with pregnancy.)
Even an unwanted pregnancy would be far better and less dangerous than Pyometra.

Again I am not speaking from experience, but it is my understanding that a dog only has to tie for a few minutes to become impregnated.
[/QUOTE

I also have no experience. I was hoping someone here would but it seems pretty unusual for the discharge to be brown. The internet does say there could be clear discharge but hers isn’t. My husband suggested maybe it’s irritated from her licking at it.
She’s definitely getting wider.

Theres definitely a lot of mucousy discharge and more than I’m comfortable with 😒😒😒 (not that I’m comfortable with any really). Also her nipples are definitely larger so ... the hell if I know 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I guess I’ll update when I have some more info.

I guess this pic is pretty graphic ew factor but after giving her a bath and seeing how much “goo” was coming out, I definitely am definitely willing to have an emergency vet tell me she’s knocked up and look like an idiot as long as she’s healthy. I cannot imagine this is normal though. 9:55 here. No vet yet. So I guess time to take her in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Agree! Get her in and please keep us posted..Fingers crossed!
so we took her to an emergency vet. We called THREE more. We were told they couldn’t see her unless she was in much worse shape than she is because they have NO ability to do surgery 😳😳😳. So now I have a dog with possible pyometra, and 3 emergency vets who said they’re so busy they can’t take her in. WTF

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
We are IN the emergency vet calling other emergency vets they gave us. This is literally a nightmare.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am so sorry that this is happening.. Was the E-vet able to determine if she is Pregnant?
Is she still comfortable? Any fever?
she’s still comfy. No fever. Behaviorally she’s a little off. Eating and drinking more than usual. A little needier.

They wouldn’t even look at her.
They said it was “basically impossible to have pyometra at 2” (which I know isn’t true). And “they don’t have a surgeon available if it were pyometra”. But it’s likely just “a weird heat cycle”. And gave me a list of other places.

so... yeah. All but one said their beds were full. And that one said they probably couldn’t look at her until later today and there’s no surgeon available. but we could bring her in. Like what if a dog is really dying and would die without surgery?! They just say too bad?!

·
Registered
728 Posts
she’s still comfy. No fever. Behaviorally she’s a little off. Eating and drinking more than usual. A little needier.

They wouldn’t even look at her.
They said it was “basically impossible to have pyometra at 2” (which I know isn’t true). And “they don’t have a surgeon available if it were pyometra”. But it’s likely just “a weird heat cycle”. And gave me a list of other places.

so... yeah. All but one said their beds were full. And that one said they probably couldn’t look at her until later today and there’s no surgeon available. but we could bring her in. Like what if a dog is really dying and would die without surgery?! They just say too bad?!
Horrible situation!
I really hope that someone can have a look today. Those symptoms are a bit troubling (I did a bit of reading after we "spoke"). Apparently there are 2 types of Pyometra, which I didn't know. One is easier to treat than the other, but if caught in time, both have an EXCELLENT prognosis'.

Many vets today have no compassion,,ZERO, which is a real shame. In December of 2019, my 14.5 yr old Border Collie had a severe seizure, and my decision had already been made 6 months prior. Most of her seizures had been relatively mild and treating her with CBD oil had really helped a lot. This one happened at 10pm and it was obvious what had to be done.
I took her to the E-vet who was so uncaring and a jerk to boot, that I decided to wait for my regular vet to reopen the next morning. The E-vet was astonished when I scooped her up and bid him adios.
She had started coming out if it,so I felt that I could wait for a bit of compassion for my heart Dog to take her last journey in peace.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
No fever is good at least.
It is! She’s acting fine too. Eating and drinking normally. Alert and active. A little tired but much more active than last night Today the discharge has gotten better for sure. It’s mucousy but I think clear?

She is NOT comfortable with me getting a close up look though. She makes sounds and tries to roll off her belly. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am confused now?

" Behaviorally she’s a little off. Eating and drinking more than usual. A little needier. "

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Horrible situation!
I really hope that someone can have a look today. Those symptoms are a bit troubling (I did a bit of reading after we "spoke"). Apparently there are 2 types of Pyometra, which I didn't know. One is easier to treat than the other, but if caught in time, both have an EXCELLENT prognosis'.

Many vets today have no compassion,,ZERO, which is a real shame. In December of 2019, my 14.5 yr old Border Collie had a severe seizure, and my decision had already been made 6 months prior. Most of her seizures had been relatively mild and treating her with CBD oil had really helped a lot. This one happened at 10pm and it was obvious what had to be done.
I took her to the E-vet who was so uncaring and a jerk to boot, that I decided to wait for my regular vet to reopen the next morning. The E-vet was astonished when I scooped her up and bid him adios.
She had started coming out if it,so I felt that I could wait for a bit of compassion for my heart Dog to take her last journey in peace.

im going to call and beg. Hopefully someone has some mercy. If not, the good news is she’s doing a lot better so I’m leaning towards maybe having her checked for pyometra being overly cautious(but IMO necessary).
She isn’t cool with me touching her bits but besides being a bit swollen, I’m not seeing any real discharge (obviously there is some because the hair is damp)). Also, people will probably judge how many pictures I have of doggy parts in my phone right now 😳😳. I keep looking and snapping a pic for reference because she isn’t comfortable with me exploring down there lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I am confused now?

" Behaviorally she’s a little off. Eating and drinking more than usual. A little needier. "
She’s better this morning behaviorally. I’m not sure if she got some rest or whatnot and was tired or if she’s just feeling better after a warm soak and lots of cuddles. I sure didnt. I set alarms every hour to check on her!!!!

Still eating and drinking a bit more than usual but not terribly so. Food more than drink. Last night I think I was just worked up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Horrible situation!

im so sorry. My moms dog has seizures and CBD has been fantastic but she’s in the same placeBe here she made that decision next time he has a big seizure. She also has a BC. I am under the impression that they’re predisposed to seizures sometimes. It sucks when you have to help your vet cross but glad you had the piece of mind to do so with compassion.
Her other BC passed a few years ago. We took her to the vet because she was in distress and the vet we saw left her screaming on the floor, I’ve never heard a dog literally SCREAM, for 15 minutes m while he waited for his tech to arrive because he didn’t know how to work the X-ray machine. It was heartbreaking. We obviously never went there again.

21 - 38 of 58 Posts