Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First time posting so please let me know if this should be posted elsewhere.

My stud sired a litter with a pup is a bent leg/paw. The owner of the bitch is about a hour and a half away so I haven't had the chance to see myself yet.

But, has anyone seen anything like this before?

Is it something that can be corrected?

Genetics or odd postionting last few days before labor?

She delivered on day 61. The pup in question was born second.

Of course she will be vet check (likely today) I'm just curious if any breeders or enthusiast have seen this before.

Thanks

Special Needs German Shepherd Pup

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not saying it's the same thing, but I have seen a Boston litter with hind legs that looked similar. We had delivered 3 large pups via c-section 65 post ovulation. All of us were like WTF, but the doctor said it was normal because the pups were so big and the mom was so small there was no where for them to grow. He said within a few days they would return to normal and that physical therapy may help but it's usually not needed. Sure enough he was right, by the next week it was a dramatic difference, and when they came in for their 8 week shots their conformation was sound.

How big was the litter? Did the bitch owners do any form of ovulation testing or did you just go with live cover and leave it up to the dogs to determine when she was ready?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts