Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently lost one of my closest friends, my dog. She was getting old and starting to slow down, but in thinking about it, I feel that there is a possibility that her death was not caused by her age.
The day before she passed away, I had some friends over. One of them accidentally shattered a 4 foot fluorescent light bulb (tube) while trying to screw it in to the ceiling. My dog's crate, which she sleeps in was less than 10 away from where the bulb shattered. While it was cleaned up, and room was aired out, is it possible that her death have been caused by mercury poisoning? Or, am I being too quick to point fingers, and it was simply her time to leave us?
Thank you, any comments are greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,635 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
23 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that your dog passed away.

You can rest assured however that it was not due to the fluorescent light. While it is not good to inhale mercury vapors the amount of mercury in a fluorescent light bulb is very small and not enough to cause death.

If there was repeated exposure to mercury I would be more concerned, but one incident would not be harmful.

So sorry for your loss.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top