Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get Brody DNA tested using Wisdom Panel a few weeks ago. I've heard opposing things on the validity of these tests, but figured why not? It couldn't hurt for a little fun.

The results took about a week after the lab received them, and were as follows:

37.5% American Staffordshire Terrier
12.5% German Shepherd Dog
12.5% Chow Chow
37.5% Mixed Breed

I called to get more information on the Mixed Breed analysis, and they told me they found very trace evidence of the following: Treeing Walker Coonhound, Rat Terrier, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Chinese Shar-Pei, and Golden Retriever. They said the results were so trace they couldn't make a reasonable conclusion that they were absolutely present, but those were the gene matches identified in the different groups. They did say there were more hound-type genes present but weren't able to identify particular breeds aside from the TWC.

And here I was thinking he was a Bloodhound/Lab cross this whole time! Turns out I have one heck of a mutt on my hands. :p

Attachments

·
Banned
283 Posts
I decided to get Brody DNA tested using Wisdom Panel a few weeks ago. I've heard opposing things on the validity of these tests, but figured why not? It couldn't hurt for a little fun.

The results took about a week after the lab received them, and were as follows:

37.5% American Staffordshire Terrier
12.5% German Shepherd Dog
12.5% Chow Chow
37.5% Mixed Breed

I called to get more information on the Mixed Breed analysis, and they told me they found very trace evidence of the following: Treeing Walker Coonhound, Rat Terrier, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, Chinese Shar-Pei, and Golden Retriever. They said the results were so trace they couldn't make a reasonable conclusion that they were absolutely present, but those were the gene matches identified in the different groups. They did say there were more hound-type genes present but weren't able to identify particular breeds aside from the TWC.

And here I was thinking he was a Bloodhound/Lab cross this whole time! Turns out I have one heck of a mutt on my hands. :p
And not a bad looking one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts