Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He did great!! He didn't have any fear of the obstacles at all and successfully went over/through just about all of them. His behavior was on point and I'm impressed that he picked up the obstacles so quickly. So proud of my pup. :)

This week he and I are going to practice standing on the boards and stopping, using them as a marker. I'm also going to try and pick up some PVC pipe to make some makeshift jump poles for him. I think this is going to be a fun sport for the two of us to explore! Still not sure if I ever want to compete (or can, he is an unregistered mixed breed, and I'm not sure what the rules are regarding competition) but it's great fun as is.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Glad you and Brody had a good time at class! Agility is so much fun.
There are many plans available online for easy-to-make PVC jumps. When I first started out I used plans I found on "Ammo the dachshund's" site. They are still holding up well.
You can absolutely trial with your mixed breed dog. I'm most familiar with AKC, where you register as "all American dog". Your dog has to be altered for mixed breed registration. All agility venues will allow mixed breed registration, the terminology may be different, though. Have fun playing agility!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yay!! I am so glad you are having fun. :)

Mixed breeds can compete in ANY agility venue in the US right alongside the pure bred dogs. They are more than welcome. :)

Enjoy the sport.

Reactions: jclark343
1 - 3 of 3 Posts