Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, this new little ankle bite that we have at the shelter is attached to Brenna, and Brenna is now starting to like her too.

They will even share a bed now.

Close up of Elie

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We where told it was a chihuahua before I went to get it, Obviously it's not. lol Other than that, I think it is a sheltie mix of sorts.

I love the way Brenna is standing proud. lol

·
Registered
620 Posts
Take a look at my Rascal.....His pic is over there<<<<<<<<<<click on dogs. He's a Sheltie/Pom mix. I sure see some similarities.

Jo

·
Banned
112 Posts
We where told it was a chihuahua before I went to get it, Obviously it's not. lol Other than that, I think it is a sheltie mix of sorts.

I love the way Brenna is standing proud. lol

It actually does look like a long haired Chihuahua. Looks just like a purebred. If it is a mix the Chihuahua is dominant.

·
Banned
112 Posts
The head is spot on for the pet lines of Chi. The show type have a real bubble head. And Chi's can range in size from the tiny 6lb or less to as big as 25lb. The breed standards call for a 6lb dog, but as all show people know that is fad breeding that dictates that. the larger pups often go the route of pet. The smaller ones with the correct skull, which doesn't seal into adulthood usually go the show route.

If she is a mix, I'd call it as a long haired Chihuahua and a a Border mix.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
The head is spot on for the pet lines of Chi. The show type have a real bubble head. And Chi's can range in size from the tiny 6lb or less to as big as 25lb. The breed standards call for a 6lb dog, but as all show people know that is fad breeding that dictates that. the larger pups often go the route of pet. The smaller ones with the correct skull, which doesn't seal into adulthood usually go the show route.

If she is a mix, I'd call it as a long haired Chihuahua and a a Border mix.
yes the deer head and the apple head...perhaps you are seeing som'thing I am not...because I see niether of those two skull types...Iam seeing a small spitz. Also that dog looks like it has a heavy, thick double coat and long hair chis have thin whispy hair.

::shrugs:::

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Banned
112 Posts
I'm going to agree, not much Chi in him at all. I have never seen a 20Lb chi before either.
I've seen 25 lb Chi's Waiting beside the ring while their siblings presented for conformation shows. Not arguing (everyone is here is quick to cry arguing) just telling it like it really is.

The Long haired Chihuahua has courser hair and the Border Collie has more pronounced feathering. Just going off what I can see from the picture ,the size of the muzzle, the stop on the head and the position of the eyes as well as the shape of the head, that's my best guess. Not saying its the answer, just a guess. I see these Chi dogs and Borders at shows all the time along with just about all breeds all the time, so to me it looks like they were morphed into one, even if the Chi isn't the reason for the size, the Border Collie is. In fact my spouse and I just returned from a second day of AKC dog shows in our area with two of our Flatties (They did very well by the way) And sitting there by ring 2 were two very big and non-conformation Chi's. Because of this forum the thought was still fresh in my mind and I even said to the spouse WOW LOOK AT THOSE BIG CHI's. The owner claimed they were overweight. And they were, she had a male in the toy group going around the ring with her handler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts