Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a black Pug is mated with a fawn Pug...are the puppies very likely to be "silver Pugs"? Or, could the puppies still turn out to be fawn?

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Never heard of a "silver pug," silver fawn is a type of fawn though. I would say the puppies will either be fawn or black, and if pug genetics are like most other breeds then black would be dominant.

Why?

Pug Dog Colors | Complete Pug Color Guide

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of a "silver pug," silver fawn is a type of fawn though. I would say the puppies will either be fawn or black, and if pug genetics are like most other breeds then black would be dominant.

Why?

Pug Dog Colors | Complete Pug Color Guide
Thanks for the URL.

Yes. I was referring to "silver fawn". Though, in that article they do mention "silver pugs".

I asked because I've began looking for Pug puppies from qualified breeders and have just managed to miss time litter due dates. All have been spoken for. :) But this one breeder I just found...has mated a black Pug with a fawn Pug. Assumed because one is black the puppies could be "silver fawn". Don't want that colour. Nor black.

On the other hand the parents don't have the look I prefer in a Pug so I guess I'm just going to have to keep waiting for the breeders I am interested in to have another litter due. Sometime next year.

Hard to wait when you want a puppy NOW. :)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I think that question is best answered by the breeder. I have to say that I've never heard of that color but Pugs aren't really my breed.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I've never seen a silver coloured pug. XD

i think when black and fawn get bred the puppies will be either fawn or black.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
It really depends. Silver is very uncommon. They will likely be black or fawn. But since black is required to produce silver it is possible I suppose.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Ask the breeder. Either they've been in the game long enough that they know what to expect, or they've done enough research to know what to expect if they're an up and coming breeder.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 7 of 7 Posts