Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two doggies for you to guess on (And no-we haven't the 'real' answer, so it's anyone's guess) I cannot for the life of me resize them-sorry!!!

Mikey-we think he's Cardigan Corgi x Heeler (ACD) -he's the little dude in my avatar. He's about 15" at the shoulders and has the turned out cardigan feet and sloping croup.

This one shows his height quite well (My dbf is standing next to him, is 6'3 for comparison sake)

Mandy-i grew up with her and she lives with my parents. She's supposed to be a purebred husky :eyeroll: but so not. She does have the husky attitude (true predator, does not listen and does not like other dogs). [She has a brain tumour which she received radiation for three years ago (it was to give her two months to two years) and we're considering another round as her symptoms seem to be coming back. ]

With her cancer team

If a moderator wants to resize-go for it!! :)

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
I vote husky/hound or husky shep on the second one.

The first one has me stumped...I can see why som'one would think corgi, but at the same time I don't see corgi...hmmmmm

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well he was born in the shelter and mom was a corgi -so that much we know :) But he's taller and definitely mixed. I should post better pictures of him-you can definitely see with the really long back and short legs ;) There's also two types of corgi-the pembroke is the more common and has no tail and is much shorter-definitely not him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pembroke_Welsh_Corgi but the cardigan is the one that is bigger with a long tail and the turned out footsies http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardigan_Welsh_Corgihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pembroke_Welsh_Corgi

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He was forty pounds when we got him but was definitely underweight-very ribby. He's about 44 now (and I personally think could add a *smidge* more). He's 15" at the shoulders if that helps? He's very long actually :)

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL!!! That article is neat-I need to read that through (tooo tired right now ;) )

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hi... Mikey (It feels funny calling somebody what is obviously their dogs name. :p)

I definitely see some Cardigan Welsh Corgi in Mikey, especially his body! I agree with Crystal that he looks terrier-like, too, especially his face. Whatever he is, he's adorable!

Mandy is such a sweet looking dog. It's wonderful that the treatment that could have bought her only months has instead bought her years! I hope they have been good to her and I hope that, if you do opt for another round of treatment, it is just as successful!

Great pics!

·
Registered
228 Posts
For the first one, I see ACD/Corgi. ACD for the coloring and pattern, and Corgi for the body shape. The head looks more ACD than Corgi.

As for the second, I would say Husky/Akita.

·
Banned
112 Posts
The first one looks like a mix of two small breeds. the coloration definitely says corgi and the posture looks very much like basenji or shibu. A herding hound mix, very interesting.

The second looks like a husky spitzer mix or possibly akita from the tightly wound tail. I can see some Chow in this too judging from the very straight rear stance. A Chow feature give away all the time.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just wanted to dig this thread up-according to the shelter his mom is most definitely a cardigan corgi and I think heeler (ACD) is without a doubt in there-but Crio pointed out borgie-beagle in there-and SH seems to think so too.

I make no mistake in thinking two pedigreed purebred dogs came together to make him-hes most definitely a mix of more then two. And he's definitely not just two herding dogs-no way. He doesn't herd-the way our bc/mixes did -they clipped our heels. He scents and has no herding impulses. To boot he's a tornodo nutcase...So any guesses?

So
Corgi (cardigan not pembroke)
Heeler (ACD_

and? Beagle? what else do you see? Many at the dogpark have said JRT. What do you think?

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and the 44 lbs was wishful thinking-with all the muscle gain and free feeding he's gained a grand total of one pound...so 41 pounds ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts