Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a lovely 3 y/o female who is new to the family. We were told she was a border collie cross. we have had people who have only owned purebred bc say she is one. other people say she is definitely a bc cross blue heeler. and we have had a lady say she looks identical to an Australian Koolie.

stats: 34lb, 21" to the shoulder, leeaan, very fast. legs are long and body length is longer than she is tall. she has med-short hair, underlay doesn't get fully wet when swimming. she doesn't nip heel, but she likes to circle other dogs/animals to make them into a group. she is VERY smart, agile and a total cuddle bug. she is energetic but is cool with 1km walk/hike(off leash) but loves to be running all day and can keep up when doing 7/10km hikes. oz-28.jpg

Lexi-3.jpg

lexitoby-73.jpg

any guesses??

if you want more pictures, have lots on instgram ( @herdthis )

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, the only club that accepts Koolies is the Koolie Club of Australia. The AKC looks at them as collie mixes - similar to labradoodles - not purebreds. Even the Koolie Club of Australia genetic tests Koolies for collie bloodlines and illnesses.

So, I believe your dog is a Collie mix - not a Koolie, but I'm not sure what with. Heeler is likely, given the ears, but she fits within the collie weight range very well.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
There are two dogs in classes that are very much like yours. Said to be Border Collie and Cattle dog mixes. High energy dogs. Smart and good learners.

The pointed upright ears and tapered muzzle combination look a lot like my Aussie. The spots on the fore leg I've seen on true BC several times.

To confuse the issue further add show vs. working lines.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have a lovely 3 y/o female who is new to the family. We were told she was a border collie cross. we have had people who have only owned purebred bc say she is one. other people say she is definitely a bc cross blue heeler. and we have had a lady say she looks identical to an Australian Koolie.

stats: 34lb, 21" to the shoulder, leeaan, very fast. legs are long and body length is longer than she is tall. she has med-short hair, underlay doesn't get fully wet when swimming. she doesn't nip heel, but she likes to circle other dogs/animals to make them into a group. she is VERY smart, agile and a total cuddle bug. she is energetic but is cool with 1km walk/hike(off leash) but loves to be running all day and can keep up when doing 7/10km hikes. View attachment 204682

View attachment 204690

View attachment 204698

any guesses??

if you want more pictures, have lots on instgram ( @herdthis )
I have the same issue, i have a 5 month old pup I think he looks border collie with ticking. I was told he was BC / Australian shepherd mix when i Adopted him at 8 weeks I would think the people I got him would know or they would have said they didn't, However everyplace I go people keep telling me what a pretty Blue Heeler I have when I tell them hes a border collie they argue with me. It drives me nuts, and I even found pics that look like him on the net labeled me and my blue heeler. Im trying to decide if im nuts or they are, cause i dont think a BC looks anything like a heeler. I found a video where someone has 4 pure BC and calling them heelers. Every heeler ive been around more of a salt and pepper looking coat. I think people get confused cause the most common coat and what is normally shown for bc is long or rough coat and black and white, but they also come in short or smooth coat, a rare curly coat, ticked, blue merle and sable or looking c

mine
anyways kind of got off topic my guess for yours is border aussie cross

1 - 11 of 11 Posts