Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dakota was my first dog that I purchased from the Humane Society. His mother was a purebred Rottweiler, but his father was unknown. We guessed at possibly some pit bull or bull mastiff. He was about 90-115lbs. Dakota passed away about two and a half years ago, but I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on what breeds he could've been. Thanks. :)

^^at about 2 months old. :)

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I would think mastiff or even pit...what a beautiful dog. Its hard to tell with mixes because I had a boxer/lab mix growing up and he looked like a pit. The other breed i could see is sheph.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think he is pitbull x Rottweiler, I definitely see that in him. I now have a bulldog x rottweiler and I can definitely see the similiarities. Rottweilers were orginally bred from Italian mastiffs and german hearding dogs, i think thats where the "mastiff look" comes from.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think he is pitbull x Rottweiler, I definitely see that in him. I now have a bulldog x rottweiler and I can definitely see the similiarities. Rottweilers were orginally bred from Italian mastiffs and german hearding dogs, i think thats where the "mastiff look" comes from. He is GORGEOUS BTW!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts